Wab’s court record
Here is what we know:
- In 2003, Kinew was charged with two counts of domestic assault. Those charges resulted in a stay of proceedings.
- On September 28, 2004, Kinew was fined $1,522 for an assault charge on a cab driver, a refusal to submit a breath sample, and failing to comply with two court orders.
- Also in 2004, Kinew was charged with two counts of assault after a fight on an Ontario First Nation. The charges were withdrawn and the Ontario government no longer has record of that proceeding.
- In 2006, Kinew was charged with theft after he “found” a money order worth about $500 and cashed it.
- In 2015, the Crown applied to garnish Mr. Kinew’s wages at the University of Winnipeg over a speeding ticket that was not paid. The bill grew to $606.50.
- In September 2017, Wab’s former common-law partner came forward with allegations that “he threw or pushed her across the room and she suffered rug burn on her legs and hands.”